I need my transaction token checking before my form is
populated.

Problem here is that I have indexed properties and the valid index range
may be different at different times. When all is well, the form bean and
the HTML form correspond, but if the user goes back and re-submits then
they may not and I can get out of range exceptions.

I thought I could use the transaction token to guard against this, but
of course it needs doing before the action perform() method is called.

I already have a servlet derived from ActionServlet so I thought I could
do it here, but of course the token checking functions are not available
from here because they are protected.

So it seems I have to copy the token checking code.

Is there a clean way to solve this?

Or maybe STRUTS needs fixing? Should the token checking functions be
static and public?

Duncan Harris