The messages can include replacment parameters. If you want to the
message to be just a replacement parameter, put

error.message={0}

in your resource file, and then pass the remote messsage as the
replacement parameter.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services