Subject: Re: Problem with struts20020112.zip and JDK1.4
From: "Jeff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
God, what a relief. I spent most of yesterday trying (unsuccessfully) to get
the sample apps from the currently-available nightly builds to compile, and
had the exact problem you just described with the 1/12/02 build. I didn't
bother to file a bug report for it since it's technically a long-dead
nightly build anyway (aside from the fact that it's the one
recent-but-not-TOO-recent nightly build still available today), and the 1.1
beta is apparently going to be available in a few days and render the whole
issue moot anyway.

I tried to build Struts from CVS last night, but Forte kept choking on the
dynabeans-related classes. I suspect it might need  a newer version of
commons-beanUtils than 1.2, but it's also possible that the tree is just
temporarily un-buildable right now. It would be a lot more convenient if all
the third-party jarfiles required to build Struts (Xerces, Xalan, commons-*,
etc.) were in Struts' own CVS tree, but I guess whomever's in charge of it
has a good reason for not putting them in too...

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...