torsdag februar 28 2002 kl. 03:53 PM skrev David A. D. Konrad:

>> I am trying to create my first real struts application, but I had trouble
>> with my Form-Bean was always null in my derived perform routine.  I found
>> that my FormBean was extending Object instead of
>> org.apache.struts.action.
>> .ActionForm, and that correcting this fixed my problem.  I would have
>> appreciated that Struts complained to the browser instead of silently
>> discarding my bean.
>
> Struts cannot be responsible for handling ANY kind of misuse - imho!

I would be perfectly happy with an exception thrown.  Or a log entry.  Or
just about ANYTHING from the system except complete silence.

I am trying to make people use this system, and I am the most experienced
Javacoder here.  I will readily admit that it doesn't mean much, when it
takes me hours to figure out what would have stared me straight in the eye
if I had gotten a typecast exception.

I am sincerely trying to make this work, since I would be well of being
able to show real functionality by Monday, but if I run into more problems
like this - being a newbie this will happen if it can - then I might not
be able to.

Are there other common newbie traps that I should be aware of? I have 1500
unread messages on this list, so I am not quite up to date (but I have
time after Monday).

Thank you all in advance,
--
   Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen
   Scandiatransplant, c/o Christian Mondrup