I don't see any reason as to why the nested tags wouldn't work with simper.

The tags are just that. tags. They will interpret any bean they get
their hands on when the JSP gets evaluated. So simper and NeXt could
possibly be perfect buddies. The tags only add to the additional struts
tags so that they relate to each other, rather then them all be an
island that have to be managed separately. Struts already had nested
beans, it was just that marking it up was kind of crappy, and actually
brought limitation to a very flexible ability. Enough of that rant...

So if simper works against the current Struts tags, "stacks-on" for the
nested version. :)

Arron.