From: Donald Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 3:33 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: "parameter" attribute in the action-mapping... what is it?

It's a general purpose attribute you can use to pass any desired
information into the action from the struts-config.xml file.  You can
access the parameter's value within the action class via the
mapping.getParameter() method.  For actions requiring multiple steps, the
parameter is often used to indicate which step the mapping is associated
with.  For example:

<action path="\CreateSomething\Step1"
               type="myactions.CreateSomethingAction"
               parameter="step1">...

<action path="\CreateSomething\Step2"
               type="myactions.CreateSomethingAction"
               parameter="step2">...

<action path="\CreateSomething\Complete"
               type="myactions.CreateSomethingAction"
               parameter="complete">...

I hope this helps.  Take care.

Don