Hi All,

Has any one tried to use struts with castor XML frame work for persistence
if so could you please share your experiences and throw soem guidance.

1-As a starting point i have tried to generate java classes from a schema
using source generator of castor.

2-I have made ActionForm as my super class to the generated classes.

3-Unfortunately if i want to use the marshalling and un marshalling power of
castor i have to generate marshall/unmarshall/valiate methods, this is where
i run into problems as the validate method of ActionForm clashes with them.

4- To over come this i may have to generate two sets of beans with the
source generator one as FormBeans and one with marshall/unmarshall capacity

5 Then i  can use some commons utilities to transfer data from form beans to
data beans and persist them

6 I feel this will be a nice way of xml round tripping, even though i am
aware of similar solutions using digester and other utils.

Please let me know if  this process can be refined if any one has similar
experience

Regards
Rajesh