This is off topic from Struts, but I was wondering if anyone else has run into this....

If you have one of those DHTML/JS pulldown menus, it'll get hidden behind specific
types of form objects (mostly select boxes).  I've scoured google to see how to get
around this and the only posts I've seen (that don't say "you're SOL" - which is most
of them) that have any constructive input say to surround the form object w/ a div tag
and to set the z-index property to something very low, then to set your DHTML/JS menu
to something very high.  The idea being that the form objects are assigned a lower z
index than the menu so the menu should display over all the form object elements.

I've tried that w/ the following statement: <div style="z-index:1"> and wasn't able to
get it to work.  I've tried surrounding the entire form and just the offending form
element, but neither way has worked.  Has anyone been able to effectively make this
type of workaround work?

I'm using HierMenus from www.dhtml.com on a W2k box w/ IE 5.

John M. Corro
Cornerstone Consulting