On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:35:03 -0600, Robert Williams wrote:

>Data coming from a browser that is used to populate a form bean is
>basically
>of type String or String[].  I think if you change the ArrayList to
>a string
>array you will have better luck.  I haven't tried this yet but it
>has a
>better chance of working than the ArrayList declaration.

Oddly enough, I was originally using String arrays but I decided to
change to ArrayList instead!  Anyways, I found the solution to my
troubles, from the www.keyboardmonkey.com/struts sample application
(StrutMonkey.war, specifically in MonkeyTeamBean.java).

Here's what I did, in case anyone is interested. Quite a simple
solution actually.. I only had to change the getter and setter
methods:

-- snip--

public void setRecipients(Object[] newRecipients) {
        recipients = new ArrayList();
    for(int x=0; x < newRecipients.length; x++) {
                recipients.add(newRecipients[x]);
    }
}

public Object[] getRecipients() {