The simplest way (IMHO) to get something from an action class to the
following JSP is to set it as a request attribute

I.e, in action:
    request.setAttribute("ID", "100001");

In jsp
   Use ID as a bean with struts tags. Get it with a jsp:useBean if you want it
in scriptlets.

That of course assumes that your forward does not do a redirect.

  Regards
  Mikael