Sanjay,

1) The name of the form is the "name" attribute of your action details
specified in your struts-config.xml file. It  also has to be the
reference name of your bean. So...

document.myBean.submit()

...would submit the form.

2) For this I just have to recommend a great JavaScript reference. The
JavaScript Bible by Danny Goodman.
But to kick you off...

Great way to reference events from your form items, checkbox for example...
<input type="checkbox" name="smeg" value="something"
onClick="doSomething(this)">

...and in your java script to handle this...

function doSomething(inElement) {
  if (inElement.checked) {
    alert("hello");
  }
}

And one more free extra tip...  :)
If you're trying to reference an element that has dot notation (nested
properties), you can do so like this...

document.forms[0]["myProperty.nestedProperty.something"]

... to disable the above example element ...

document.forms[0]["myProperty.nestedProperty.something"].disabled = true;

For more detail and everything else, Danny Goodman has the answer :)

Arron.