Hi,

I'm having problems while trying to use Xalan with Struts. I have found that
the problem is that when I include the xml-apis.jar file into the
WEB-INF/lib directory I got an exception when I then re-start the
application. It doesn't matter if I use Crimson or Xerces; I always have the
same exception.

I suppose that somebody in the list has used Struts with Xalan, did you have
same problem? Any suggestion?

Best regards and thanks in advance

Javier

I'm using ServletExec 4.1 on Win2000. The versions that I'm using are:
Xalan 2.3.1
Xerces 2.0.0
Struts 1.0

Here is the exception that I got when Struts starts:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.getParser(Digester.java:275)
        at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:755)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping(ActionServlet.java:1331)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:465)

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:755)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping(ActionServlet.java:1331)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:465)
..