Hi Enrique:

We´re trying to something like you and we´re using sessions.

What are whe doing?:

1.- From one jsp (jspOne), submit for "aid" to find a custoner. You need the
customer Id, but you only know about the name of your customer. This is very
usually in ERP systems: "the finders".

2.- The actionOne store then actionFormOne object in a session and forward
jspTwho ("the finder").

3.- "the finder" has the responsability for: input parameters about
customers and "lookup" the customer based on the parameters.

4.- "the finder" is implemented using jspTwo (for input parameters). When
the user input the paremeters, submit actionTwo, who gets a reference from
session about the actionFormOne, becouse actionTwo looks for "who call me?:
actionOne".

5.- When actionTwo finish it work it put's the "id" selected in the
actionFormOne referenced by the session, and do a forward to jspOne.

6.- Finaly, the JSP one, "get" the "id" suplied by the ActionFormOne.

We are researching in this area trying to implement
"go-sub-returning-a-value" with struts. This is very common pattern for us.