Ok, sorry for posting before having thought hard enough ;-)

At least i found a solution:

<logic:equal name="bean" property="priority" value="low"><bean:message
key="priority.low"/></logic:equal>
<logic:equal name="bean" property="priority" value="normal"><bean:message
key="priority.normal"/></logic:equal>
<logic:equal name="bean" property="priority" value="high"><bean:message
key="priority.high"/></logic:equal>

but still, there might be a more elegant way...