Found part of the problem.  Websphere defaults the value
appserver.compliance.mode=false.  This means is you do not set this value to true, you
get webspheres compatibilty mode by default.

Now I am getting a message:

javax.servlet.UnavailableException:
    Missing configuration resource for path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

struts-config.xml is in the directory:

/u/vacweb/dev/train/WEB-INF/classes/WEB-INF

I have listed other WAS.CONF properties below.  Are there any other ones I should have?

appserver.version=3.50
appserver.usesystemclasspath=false
appserver.libpath=
appserver.classpath=/u/ws11/as01/properties:/u/vacweb/dev/lib
appserver.name=ws11
appserver.jvmpropertiesfile=
appserver.loglevel=WARNING
appserver.logdirectory=
appserver.compliance.mode=true
appserver.configviewer=
appserver.jspbasehrefadd=true
objectleveltrace.enabled=false
..."

Steven Banks
902-368-0566

>>> "Steven Banks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/26/02 11:20AM >>>
I am having problem running a Struts Application on the OS/390.  The web application
starts up correctly, but when I load any URL for the Web App, the message 503 Error
"Application is currently unavailable for service" is displayed.

I am following the directions as per configuring Struts for WAS 3.5 on OS/390.
Currently we are not using the struts jar, but have been compiling the code and then
restarting the web application with many additional System.out.println messages.  We
found some problems with the classpath and picking up the wrong SAX parser, but it is
now correct.

I noticed in the installation notes for struts on WAS on windows 2000 mentions that if
you get this message, you should restart the web application and tried to do that, but
was told you cannot restart an individual web application on the mainframe version of
WAS.

We have changed all permissions in the web site to 777 and have double checked that
the myapp.webapp file is stored in EBCDIC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steven Banks
902-368-0566