Subject: Re: problem installing Apache 1.3.24 + Tomcat 4.0.3 + Struts 1.1b + Warp
Connector
From: "Hyunjin Kim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
I have changed my struts action servlet mapping from *.do to /execute/, and
not it gets invoked correctly when called from apache.. so i am now back on
the developing mode..

but, if there's a way for the apache to correctly forward the .do request to
tomcat 4 struts va warp, I would love to hear that.

Thanx.

"Hyunjin Kim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:a80tbh$gl4$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Hi,
>

> I am not subscriber to this mailing list, so if you can cc my
> email([EMAIL PROTECTED]), I will really appreciate.
>

> I am trying to install struts 1.1beta on Tomcat 4.0.3 that¡¯s connected to
> Apache HTTP server by warp connector (OS is Linux ? RedHat 7.1). Warp
> connector was configured nicely and works fine (JSPs works fine when
called
> by apache).
>

> Then, I installed struts on Tomcat 4.0.3 and deployed example and
> documentation and they work fine when called by Tomcat
> (http://localhost:8080/struts-example will work fine..). However,
execution
> of those two applications will not generate tomcat-apache.conf file as
> described in struts installation document. So.. as a workaround, I created
> tomcat-apache.conf by hand and added
>

> AddHandler jserv-servlet .do
>

> To the tomcat-apache.conf file, then added
>

> Include /usr/local/apache/conf/tomcat-apache.conf
>

> To httpd.conf file. (passed ./apachectl configtest.)
>

> My httpd.conf file looks like:
>

> <VirtualHost 111.111.111.111>
>
>              ServerName www.foo.com
>
>              ErrorLog logs/foo.com-error_log
>
>              WebAppConnection connect warp www.foo.com:8008
>
>              WebAppDeploy foo connect /
>
> </VirtualHost>
>

> I know the warp connector is configured correctly because I can access
> www.foo.com and execute jsps. However, when I try to execute .do calls,
> Apache tries to find the actual .do **FILE** instead of executing Action
> servlet.
>

> I don¡¯t think Apache knows about the existence of jserv-servlet handler.
Or