| Oracle 9i is based on the Orion application server.  I think Oracle bought
| the source and are developing it, like they did with JBuilder -> JDeveloper.

Oracle JDeveloper 3.2.x was still partially based on
some Borland code, however now that is a thing of the past!

Our latest JDeveloper9i release has no longer any relationship
to JBuilder. Over the last two years we completely rewrote
the IDE in Java, added fully-integrated UML modeling,
code profiling, J2EE deployment/deployment, etc.

And now (as of JavaOne last week) it's free.

More info at:  http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev

Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Evangelist, Author
Simplify J2EE and EJB Development with BC4J
http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
Building Oracle XML Apps, www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp