From: David M. Karr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 April 2002 18:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: logic:iterate problem

    Jerome> Hi,
    Jerome>     My logic:iterate looks like this

    Jerome> <logic:iterate id="searchEmpRes" name="employeeSearchForm"
    Jerome> property="lstEmployees" >
    Jerome> <!-- line 1 -->
class="tblDataText"><bean:write
    Jerome> name="searchEmpRes" property="firstName"/>
class="tblDataText"><bean:write
    Jerome> name="searchEmpRes" property="lastName"/>
    Jerome> </logic:iterate>

    Jerome>     lstEmployees is a vector defined in the form and has
Employee
    Jerome> objects

    Jerome>     The problem is the iterate is not going to line 1. There
are
    Jerome> values in lstEmployees. Any help on this is much
appreciated.

Just in case, when you say "not going to line 1", you mean that line,
including
any of the lines inside the "logic:iterate" element, are not being
emitted into
the output?

In your Action that forwarded to this page, are you verifying the
attribute
name in the form object, and verifying it really has elements?

If you still can't fix it, this would be a good opportunity to set up
your
debugger to step into the Struts code, the IterateTag in particular.
This
likely won't find any problems in the IterateTag, but it might give you
a clue
why it isn't finding your elements.

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  _____

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.