Hi,

I am new to struts and am busy reading the various articles and
tutorials and have a question regarding relationship between action
mappings and request/session scopes.

Should an ActionMapping (i.e. a mapping defined in struts-config.xml)
have a one-to-one relationship with a request or should it be reused
many times within session scope? Or another way to ask the question
would be within a storyboard, how many mapping objects should typically
be designed to support that story.

Is there a design theory about how to do this? Do I have one action
mapping for inserting a user's registration details and a seperate
action mapping for editing them?

I am building a typical web app with membership-based users(with
authentication and authorization) and a catalog/inventory browse/search
facility as the key modules.

Thanks!
Joe