Scott,

What is the feasibility of pulling roles from something like Tomcat?
On the surface, it would be better to check the tomcat_users and
web.xml files and filter out pages that the user is unauthorized to.
Does your menu do this or would it be useful to you?

David Morris

On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 08:12, Jon.Ridgway wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if there are any plans add the following to the
Struts menu:

> -Support for roles
I don't currently have plans to support roles.  However, I am working
out an implementation for generically supporting permission checking.
This could easily be tied into checking roles as well.  I'll have to
think about it some more.

> -Support for locales (might already be their can't see how to use
however)
Localization is already supported.  However, it does not automatically
use the main MessageResources used in Struts apps (keyed by
Action.MESSAGES_KEY).  At this point, you need to pass the attribute
key
of the MessageResources you want to use.  For example:

<menu:useMenuDisplayer
     name="CoolMenus" bundle="<%=Action.MESSAGES_KEY%>">

Check the example menu application.

> -Support for struts-config forwards.

Sounds like a good idea.  I'll put it on the ToDo list...