Hi,

I know this is a little bit off-topic, but I'm sure some of you does have a
solution for my problem.

I use the following piece of code within my jsp to generate excel files:
<%
        String format = request.getParameter("format");
        if ((format!=null) && (format.equals("excel"))) {
                response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
        }
%>

That works fine, but the problem is, that it generates my excel files
before the User would see it in HTML.
So, what I'd like to do, is to first generate the HTML file (
setContentType("text/html") ) and in that HTML file add a button which
convert it into an excel file.

To summarize, I can set the result of a jsp file into an excel file (using
the preceding code), but I want to do that after the User saw the page and
I don't want to call the same page with a different argument. Because of
the overhead it will create.

Thanks in advance,
Slimane