RE: How do I set the CODEBASE attribute for an ?

Fri, 12 Apr 2002 06:14:20 -0700

Are you sure the instructions say that. Normally your client (The HTTP page
on the browser) cannot access /WEB-INF/classes. Put the applet above this
directory

Richard Stack
Senior Java Developer
COGNICASE Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: April 11, 2002 12:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How do I set the CODEBASE attribute for an <applet>?

Hello,

Right now, I have an applet whose CODEBASE attribute looks like this:

codebase="classes/private-banking@private-banking/"

This is because the applet is in
$WL_HOME/config/mydomain/applications/private-banking.war:WEB-INF/classes.
According to the Weblogic instructions, this is how you set the CODEBASE
attribute if the applet is in ../WEB-INF/classes, and not on the system
classpath.  Note that it has the application name in it, in my case
"private-banking".  This is undesirable because, in practice, the
application name can be anything, and in general is not referenced anywhere
else in the source code or JSPs.  Of course, I'm helped out in this regard
by the Struts <html:base/> tag, which handles URLs relative to the
application root.

How do I do this with an applet?  Is there a Struts <html:applet> tag?

Thanks!

Dave

David A. Ventimiglia

Wells Fargo Private Client Services