Subject: action mappings and ActionMapping
From: Tom Roche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
What attributes can an "action mapping" have? Why I ask:

I'm working on an eclipse wizard for doing Action classes. Formerly it
just wrote (a simple) subclass of Action from a template. (Soon I
should do templates for the Direct Known Subclasses.) Now I also write
a simple "action mapping" to a config file (e.g. struts-config.xml).
Note that by "action mapping" I mean the contents of an <action> tag
in a config file, not the class ActionMapping.

But I suspect they are linked. I formerly thought I understood the
structure of action mappings, because I had read

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html#config

and the preceding section

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html#actionmapping

But then I notice that

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html#actionmapping
 > <action-mappings>
 >   <action
 >         path="/logon"
 >         type="org.apache.struts.example.LogonAction"
 >         name="logonForm"
 >        scope="request"
 >        input="/logon.jsp"
 >      unknown="false"
 >     validate="true" />
 > </action-mappings>

uses two attributes not mentioned above, and that (emphasis added)

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html#config
 > The required knowledge has been encapsulated in a Java interface
 > named ActionMapping, the MOST IMPORTANT properties are as follows:

Then I notice that, because it extends ...config.ActionConfig,
...action.ActionMapping has a bazillion fields. (Also I notice that

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/action/ActionMapping.html
 > NOTE - This class would have been deprecated and replaced by
 > org.apache.struts.config.ActionConfig except for the fact that it is
 > part of the public API that existing applications are using.

but that's another issue.)

So I'm wondering:

* Can any field of ActionMapping be used as an attribute of an action
   mapping?

* Is there any better documentation of the structure and use of action
   mappings than the Struts User's Guide?