I thought it was possible to store a form in the session so that it could
be used later by the same or another action, but it does not work. Perhaps
I am doing something wrong or perhaps I did not understand fully the
specifications.
I would like to store login information from a LoginForm, so that it can be
replayed later. I put the scope of the login form to 'session' ; I assumed
that the next time I would submit the form, the username and password would
still be available in my LoginAction. But it seems that another LoginForm
is created. See code below.

         <action path="/logon"
                  type="logon.LogonAction"
                  name="logonForm"
            scope="session"
            parameter="long"
            validate="true"
            input="/WEB-INF/logon.jsp">

                  <forward name="success" path="/WEB-INF/success.jsp" />
                  <forward name="retry" path="/WEB-INF/logon.jsp" />
                  <forward name="failure" path="/WEB-INF/failure.jsp" />
                  <forward name="wait" path="/WEB-INF/waiting.jsp" />

        </action>

What I primarily wanted to do was design an action that would allow the sending of a
waiting page to the user and replay the request, expecting that
the LoginAction would
have kept the login information. If the attribute 'parameter' is "long", the
LoginAction calls the waiting.jsp page that submits the form back, do the
 checks and send the result
of the authentication.
I don't understand why this is not working...
Thanks for any help.

Olivier

---------------

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels
et secrets. Ce message est adresse a l'individu ou l'entite dont les coordonnees
figurent ci-dessus. Si vous n'etes pas le bon destinataire, nous vous demandons de ne
pas lire, copier, utiliser ou divulguer cette communication. Nous vous prions de
notifier cette erreur a l'expediteur et d'effacer immediatement cette communication de
votre systeme.

The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected
from disclosure. This message is intended for the individual or entity adressed
herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or
disclose this communication to others ;also please notify the sender by replying to
this message, and then delete it from your system.