For my $0.02 worth I think using the form-bean in the database layer of your
application is a bad idea any time. By doing so you are directly tying your
presentation layer to your database layer. Any changes to one now have to be
measured against the other. Granted most changes to your application are
going to impact all layers of the design, but you lose the flexibility of
exposing your database layer to other applications when it is directly tied
to a specific presentation.

HTH,
Mark N.