From: rob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 3:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: more relative path link headaches! (help)

My pages all use a common .css file defined in the <head> </head> tags
of my pages.

<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ns.css" />
</head>

This however causes me woes with regard to relative paths.  If I leave
it as it is the browser tries to do gets such as:
/context/do/ns.css - which is non-existant.

So as per the struts docs to solve this one is meant to use the following:

<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ns.css" />
</head>

However this causes me problems also because I keep my .jsp pages above
WEB-INF for added security.

So I end up with the browser doing gets like such as:
/context/WEB-INF/pages/ns.css - This is no good either.

Because the servlet container doesn't allow gets from above WEB-INF.

So I'm not the first to suffer from this, whats the solution?

Thanks

Rob