From: rob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 3:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Design Advice - Relational Databases & Java Objects.

I'm hoping that as many people as possible will contribute their own
personal
experience and methods to this post.

I have a relational database that contains information used to build java
objects
during runtime,  I'm curious about:

        - In what classes in struts do people typically connect to the
database
            and build java objects from the database.
        - Do the objects have interfaces which receive database connections
            and build themselves from the inside out? or do people make the
            necessary querys for the information and then pass the data to
the
            constructor?
        - Any other methods or ideas that might aide my goal of elegance
            (and simplicity).

Please be verbose I'm trying to find an elegant way to do it and though I've
tried
both perhaps someone here can offer some insight.

Examples, Explanations all appreciated.

Thanks