Nicolas De Loof wrote:
> In ActionServlet (Struts 1.0.2) you can read that formBean object found in
> scope is compared to the form name declared in ActionMapping by testing
> class name, not testing it using an "isInstance" or any other reflection
> mecanism that could allow using inheritance or abstract FormBeans.

        It really would be nice to use isInstance() instead of just comparing the
name. I've had the same issue as Viet, and this solution would be great.
This way I do not need to have actions declared all over poiting to the
concrete implementations.

        However, there are issues with this: if the bean has not been previously
instantiated (from a concrete class implementation, in another action
mapping), an "InstantiationException" would occur, since the class is
abstract. What could be done in this case? Currently, Struts fails, but
that would not be a nice solution in this case...

--
[]'s
Marcelo Vanzin