From: Adolfo Miguelez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 22 April 2002 21:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Caching IE revisited

Hi All,

we are facing serious problems with IE caching. We have tested
everything:

1. Initialization params.
<init-param>
    <param-name>nocache</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
</init-param>

2. Set response headers

    response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-store, no-cache,
must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0"); //HTTP 1.1
    response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.0
    response.setDateHeader ("Expires", 0); //prevents caching at the
proxy
server

and problem seen to stay forever.

However, above all, I think in the past I did have the same problem, and
we
concluded finally that Web server overrides, with its caching
configuration,
headers PROPOSED programatically by the developer. So the problem would
fix,
not in the JSPs or code for the response but in the web server
configuration.

We are using Websphere for production environment and WTE for developing

tests.

Could anyone throw a little light and validate or reject previous
assert? I
guess that we could mistaking where the problem is.

Thanks in advance,

Adolfo.

For additional commands, e-mail: