Regarding Action Instances:

They are stored in HashMap (FastHashMap actually) that is kept by the
primary ActionServlet. This ActionServlet is the same one as is defined as
a startup servlet in the web.xml of each web application running struts in
a particular servlet container instance.

While some of this may depend on your particular servlet container, I'd
venture to guess that its likely that information isn't replicated between
clustered container instances unless the information is specifically put on
the Session (or potentially, the Application) context. That's not the case
with the Action instances - they are stored in the memory space used by the
servlet itself.

So it looks like this information is likely not replicated among clustered
instances.

But really what does it matter? It's unlikely that you'll be storing
session information in an Action instance that is shared by multiple
sessions anyway.

In other words, since you're not going to store per-session information in
the Action instance, replication of session information in a cluster is
irrelevant.

That being said, it may be possible that APPLICATION-LEVEL configuration
information may get out of whack if it is stored in an Action instance.
Each container would maintain this information independantly, so this may
be something to look out for.

FWIW -
Kevin

"Adolfo Miguelez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/25/2002 09:36:23 AM

      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>