A "global forward" may work for you.  We use them for failures mostly,
like so.

  <global-forwards>
    <forward name="failure" path="general.failure" />
    <forward name="home"    path="/index.jsp"/>
  </global-forwards>

That way, any action can return mapping.findForward("failure") and if
the associated action mapping doesn't contain a "failure" forward, the
generic global one is returned.  Of course, the appropriate "failure"
view will be returned if the action *does* contain the view, like so.

  <action path="/qts/ShowTicket"
          type="org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.NoOpAction">
    <forward name="success" path="qts.showTicket" />
    <forward name="failure" path="qts.grabTicketFailiure" />
  </action>

Or did I answer the wrong question?

--
Jim Crossley