Hi,

I'm currently implementing a form with quite a lot
of values separated into several categories, and from
regular GUI experience I'd like to use some kind of
tab panes.
I'm implementing it with struts 1.0.2 on BEA Weblogic
and have run into some problems.

My basic idea is to use a single form bean as the
backend and one jsp for every pane. Now when the
user clicks on a pane rider, it should do two things:
forward to the new page and submit the values from the
form.

The forwarding works, I just use a <html:link> with the
form action and the action class forwards to the correct
pane according to paramId and paramName. But it just won't
seem to submit. Isn't onclick="document.forms[0].submit();"
enough?

It looks like this:

JSP:
<h:link href="/dada.do" paramId="newTab" paramName="oneTab"
                onclick="document.forms[0].submit()">

Config:
<action
       path="/dada"
       type="com.consol.DadaAction"
       name="DadaForm"
       scope="session"
       input="/newone.jsp">
       <forward name="goOne" path="/newone.jsp"/>
       <forward name="goTwo" path="/newtwo.jsp"/>
    </action>

DadaAction:
String tab = request.getParameter("newTab");
if("operative".equals(tab)) {
        return (mapping.findForward("goOperative"));
}else if("system".equals(tab)) {
        return (mapping.findForward("goSystem"));
}

I hope someone can help me with this setup or recommend
a better approach. Preferably without additional libraries.

...Michael...