From: vivek shrivastava [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 1:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Need Help: Please do help me

Hi,

I know following questions have been asked or discussed so many times
but I
am still confuse. Please do help me.

Once a users is logged in, I want to validate each page for a valid
user. I
understand that I can use "CheckLogon" tab in each .jsp page check for
valid
user. But I really don't think that it is good idea to mix flow and
presentation.

We have two other options.

1. We create a base class by extending struts's Action class and define
function to do validation and extend all application specific Action
classes
using that base class.
2. Or we extend ActionServlet class and define a function to do
validation.

I think 2nd option is much more flexible and it does not have redundancy
of
code like first option.

I want to know which one is best in real world.
If someone has implemented it using either of method, please provide me
some
sample code so that I can implement it.

Please Please do help me.

Thanks