Have you taken a look at the Struts logic tags?...
...more specifically the <logic:iterate> tag. Quite sure this will do
the job.

As for "displaying first N of the collection", you can set "offset" and
"length" attributes to the tag, and it will do just that. You can also
use any form of a Collection, including a primitive Object[]. It will
retrieve an Iterator from the collection, and go over that. So ArrayList
will work as well as a Vector (albeit that _little_ bit faster).
HashMaps and such will also work, but the offset and length will be
useless. :)

There's a lot of tags in the Struts booty. Take a read over them some
time. They'll be the answer to most problems.

Arron.