Hello,
and here is the code of the form bean (I forgot in the last mail). I
don't see any mistakes in my code. So I don't know why tomcat can't find
an gettermethod for the planningperiod - field..

package forms;

import actions.helper.*;

public class SelectPPForm extends ActionForm {

  protected String planningperiod;
  protected PlanningPeriodHelper selectedpp;

  public void setSelectedpp(PlanningPeriodHelper spp)
  {
    this.selectedpp = spp;
  }

  public void setPlanningperiod(String sPP){
    this.planningperiod = sPP;
  }

  public String getPlanningperiod(){
    return this.planningperiod;
  }

  public PlanningPeriodHelper getSelectedpp()
  {
    return this.selectedpp;
  }
}

<form-bean      name="selectPPForm"
                                        type="forms.SelectPPForm"/>
<action         path="/selectPP"
                                type="actions.SelectPPAction"
                        name="selectPPForm"
                        scope="request">
                         <forward name="selected" path="/select.jsp"/>

        </action>
        <action         path="/initSelect"
                                type="actions.InitSelectAction"
                        name="selectPPForm"
                        scope="request">
                         <forward name="init" path="/select.jsp"/>

        </action>
But it acutally doesn't work...

Thanx for your help bjoern

<Do you have an appropriate form class declaration and an associated
action class mapping in your struts-config.xml?

<<Hello,

<<<The PlaningPeriodHelper class needs to be an attribute of your
ActionForm <class.  The jsp then uses this form bean.

<<no, it doesn't work. The same error comes up. I added the attribute
PlanningPeriodHelper with getter- and setter Method <<in the ActionForm
which is associated with the selectPP.do Action, but it doesn#t work.

<<<<Hello,
<<<<
<<<<I've got a "little" Problem in how using the struts select - tag
correctly. I'm new to Struts and have read the mails <<<<correspondig to
the select-tag in this mailing-list, but i'm not able to run my select
tag.
<<<<
<<<<Scenario:
<<<<
<<<<In my action class a list of planningperiods is generated. the
select - tag in the following jsp should be filled with <<<<the ids of
these periods. I wrote an helper class containing only three attributes
(planninperiodid, begindate, <<<<enddate), with the correct
getter-/setter-Methods.....
<<<<
<<<<here is the code of the helper class, action class, the jsp
containing the select tag and the error code:

<-------------- helper class code ---------------------> package
actions.helper;

public class PlanningPeriodHelper extends PlanningPeriod {

  private String planningperiodid;
  private String begindate;
  private String enddate;

  public PlanningPeriodHelper() {
  }
  public PlanningPeriodHelper(String ppid, String begindate, String
enddate)
  {
    this.planningperiodid = ppid;
    this.begindate = begindate;
    this.enddate = enddate;
  }

  public void setPlanningperiodid(String ppid)
  {
    this.planningperiodid = ppid;
  }

  public void setBegindate(String bd)
  {
    this.begindate = bd;
  }

  public void setEeginddate(String ed)
  {
    this.enddate = ed;
  }

  public String getPlanningperiodid()
  {
    return super.getPlanningPeriodID();
  }

  public String getBegindate()
  {
    return begindate;
  }
  public String getEnddate()
  {
    return enddate;
  }

  public static List getAllPlanningperiods()
  {
    Iterator _pps = PlanningPeriod.getPlanningPeriods().iterator();
    List _pplist = new ArrayList();

    while (_pps.hasNext())
    {
      PlanningPeriod next = (PlanningPeriod)_pps.next();
      _pplist.add(new PlanningPeriodHelper(next.getPlanningPeriodID(),
                                           new
Long(next.getBeginDate()).toString(),
                                           new
Long(next.getEndDate()).toString()));
    }
    return _pplist;
  }
}

<-------------- end ---------------------------------->
<-------------- action class ------------------------->
public class InitSelectAction extends Action {

  public ActionForward perform (ActionMapping mapping,
                                ActionForm form,
                                HttpServletRequest request,
                                HttpServletResponse response) throws
IOException, ServletException  {
    List _pplist = PlanningPeriodHelper.getAllPlanningperiods();

    request.setAttribute("pplist",_pplist);
    request.setAttribute("begindate", new Long(1234).toString());
    request.setAttribute("enddate", new Long(1235).toString());

    return mapping.findForward("init");
 }

}
<-------------- end ---------------------------------->
<-------------- jsp ---------------------------------->
labelProperty="planningperiodid"/>
   <% out.print("Begin Date = " + request.getAttribute("begindate"));%>
   <% out.print("End Date = " + request.getAttribute("enddate"));%>
<-------------- end ---------------------------------->
<-------------- error code --------------------------->
javax.servlet.ServletException: No getter method available for property
planningperiodid for bean under name org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContex
tImp
l.java:452)
 at
org.apache.jsp._0002fselect_jsp._jspService(_0002fselect_jsp.java:218)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
root cause

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method available for property
planningperiodid for bean under name org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
 at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.SelectTag.doStartTag(SelectTag.java:304)
 at
org.apache.jsp._0002fselect_jsp._jspService(_0002fselect_jsp.java:115)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)

I hope you can help me. I'm at my wit's end.

many,many thanx

bjoern

For additional commands, e-mail: