Yeah there are times when I could have done with this as well. What's
required really is a flag on the iterate tag named something like
loop="false" where the end tag code will move to the next item in the
iterator/array/whatever but just drop out of the end of the tag, not
repeat it. then you could do something like

<logic:iterate name="list1" id="item1">
   <logic:iterate name="list2" id="item2" loop="false">
       Struts list member <bean:write name="item1"/> thinks <bean:write
name="item2"/> sucks
  </logic:iterate>
</logic:iterate>

no, hold on that looks confusing. probably a better idea is to subclass
the iterate tag and set the flag in the constructor/reset and call it
something different, say nextitem...

<logic:iterate name="list1" id="item1">
   <logic:nextitem name="list2" id="item2">
       Struts list member <bean:write name="item1"/> thinks <bean:write
name="item2"/> sucks
  </logic:nextiem>
</logic:iterate>

either way, its not going to take a lot of work...

Ian

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/01/02 09:10pm >>>
Say I have two lists, which are (in Java terms) independent.  Is it
possible, using the Struts tags, to iterate and use nested properties
iterate over them "in parallel", so the that I can refer to the the nth

item in both lists as the same time, or do I have to build a custom
class that holds one item from each and combine the two lists into
one.

Thanks.
David Corbin