Hi all...
   Can't find anything about this anywhere, thought i'd ask...

  I am storing a piece of data in a special format.  So, for a bizarre
example, I store a name in pig latin in the database.  When I display the
name, I want it to show up formatted properly.  Trouble is, this is in a
form, and i want to format it inside a struts html:text box.

So in the database I store the name as "onjhae ithsmae".  I populate my form
with the value name="onjhae ithsmae".  I have a custom tag that if I do
something like this....
<mytags:format><bean:write name="myform" property="name"/></mytags:format>

will print out "John Smith".

Problem is when I want the user to be able to edit their name in a form, and
I want to prepopulate the form, I end up with a dilemma.  I want to keep the
name in pig latin in my form, and only want to display it in English.
They'll enter it in English, but I'll translate it back to pig latin in the
validate method or the action.  So if I already have
the text?  I don't think I can even do

  <mytags:format>
    <%=myform.getName()%>
  </mytags:format>

I'm using Struts 1.0.  Is there a way to do this, or do I have to do all
sorts of weird conversion back and forth???

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!
Becky