I am pre-populating a form with information from a data base.

Is the following procedure acceptable, or is there another procedure
that would be considered a "Best Practice"?

Instantiate the form bean in the action class.

Instantiate one or more DAO objects in the action class.

Call methods in the DAO objects that would take the form bean as an
argument and fill up the necessary fields.

I understand the need to keep layers separate; however, if I am just
trying to fill up the fields in a form, it seems unnecessary to have
the DAO objects return data objects and then call a series of
"get/set" methods to take the data from the data objects and put it
in the form bean.

Thanks.