Hello,

Don't know if this will help you, but I will throw some ideas.

I ran into a similar "locking" problem a few months ago - not with Struts.jar
but some other file.

Are you using ANT for auto deploying?  Is Struts.jar in your classpath at
the time of auto deploying?  How about the local DTDs for struts config
and web.xml - are they in the classpath?  If they are then - humor me -
remove them from your classpath and see what happens.

Anyway, that's all I can come up with right now - from the department of
useless ideas :) :)

HTH!

URL
>object to open up a stream to the local resource thereby locking the
>struts.jar file. It doesn't appear to exhibit this behavior when the
>publidId is not registered and it must use the system identifier.
>

>This is printed out when I see the behavior:
>
>[Sat May 04 10:51:54 EDT 2002] register('-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
>Struts Configuration 1.0//EN',
>'jar:file:///F:\cvsroot\web\apps\company\www\WEB-INF\lib\struts.jar!/org/apa
>che/struts/resources/struts-config_1_0.dtd'
>[Sat May 04 10:51:54 EDT 2002] register('-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
Web
>Application 2.2//EN',
>'jar:file:///F:\cvsroot\web\apps\company\www\WEB-INF\lib\struts.jar!/org/apa
>che/struts/resources/web-app_2_2.dtd'
>[Sat May 04 10:51:54 EDT 2002] register('-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
Web
>Application 2.3//EN',
>'jar:file:///F:\cvsroot\web\apps\company\www\WEB-INF\lib\struts.jar!/org/apa
>che/struts/resources/web-app_2_3.dtd'
>[Sat May 04 10:51:56 EDT 2002] resolveEntity('-//Apache Software
>Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN',
>'http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd')
>[Sat May 04 10:51:56 EDT 2002]  Resolving to alternate DTD
>'jar:file:///F:\cvsroot\web\apps\company\www\WEB-INF\lib\struts.jar!/org/apa
>che/struts/resources/struts-config_1_0.dtd'
>

>This is printed out when I don't see the behavior:
>
>[Fri May 03 09:43:38 CDT 2002] resolveEntity('-//Apache Software
>Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN',
>'http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd')
>[Fri May 03 09:43:38 CDT 2002]  Not registered, use system identifier
>

>I searched the archives under "Digester" and could not find anything
>pertinent over 804 hits. I may have missed something though.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

>robert
>

>--

Ajay Chitre