Anen, we have similar situation in an order process where after a user
confirms their order, they are taken to a "wait for processing" page until
their order has been processed upon which time they are forwarded to a thank
you page.

So for example, my ConfirmOrderAction captures and validates user input and
forwards to wait_for_processing.jsp
The wait_for_processing.jsp contains a meta-refresh in the header which
immediately redirects the request to a the ProcessOrderAction. The user
remains on the wait_for_processing.jsp page until the ProcessOrderAction
processes the order and then forwards the user to a "thank you" page.

HTH,

robert