Hi Graham,

I've just started using SiteMesh(from opensymphony.org) and I find it
really refreshing and straightforward. I was using Tiles but it
ultimately seemed over complex.

SiteMesh uses Servlet 2.3 filters so it sits "outside" Struts - this
makes it much easier work with for me or it would help you apply a new
layout and look and feel to an otherwise finished site.

A few pros of SiteMesh:

 - all the "pagelets" that comprise a full page can be generated as
well-formed HTML documents. This makes it easier for them to be designed
and built than other systems (e.g. Tiles) where a "pagelet" might be
just a table (thinking real world/real people here: designers using
Dreamweaver don't need to get their heads around editing pages at the
code level).

 - the concept is really simple to grasp

 - being Filter-based means you can take your Struts hat off when you
want to put together the presentation layer.

 - it applies the layout/look and feel *after* the "pagelets" have been
generated. This allows the presentation to be more easily reactive to
the generated output.

Cons of SiteMesh:

 - I haven't found any yet. Anyone else got some?

Chris

This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and
privileged.  It is intended solely for the use of the individual or
parties to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in
error please forward it to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete all
copies of this message immediately. Thank you.