ROTFLMAO!  Good one!

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Hill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:41 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: SSN and/or Telephone Tag Libraries

Oh cool!
A flamewar! Can I join in?

Bah long hours!
Back when I was a boy we worked 25 hours a day - and that was before
inflation when an hour was worth a lot more!
Those were the days. The computers could only handle 64 bites (no not
"bytes" son, "bites") at a time, and that was on punch cards. To render even
a simple jsp took ages as you would have to get the ink to go through the
holes in the punchcards just right (this was before we had the synchronized
ink) or they would throw an ink splatter exception right in your face. Then
you would have to find the delivery boy to take the rendered html scroll to
the customer on horseback where an artist would  interpret it and draw the
page in watercolour. Frequently the artists would get bored and head down
the pub, and then the customer would blame us of course, and we would have
to work for a week with no toilet breaks as punishment.

Why when I was young Id often be be at work at 10:30 PM on a Friday night
looking forward to another exciting  weekend at work and ... wait a second.
I am young, and it is late Friday night and I am coming in on the weekend.
<< DOH! >>