From: Chong Oh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 May 2002 21:10
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Design question on roles and tasks

All:

If this has been discussed already, I apologize.  I am implementing an user
access based on roles and tasks, where a user has roles and each role has
tasks.  Ideally, each task has a one to one relationship with each link on
the JSP, whereby the access to those links depends on user's role/s.  All
roles and tasks are persisted.

Upon successful login, user's roles will be accessed and all tasks
associated will be retrieved.  All links associated with tasks will be shown
on the JSP via logic tags.

Has anyone implement this with struts yet.  Could you share your experience
with me, particularly the question whether this is a good design in the
first place?

Thanks in advance

Chong

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The contents of this email are intended only for the named addressees and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If received in error
please contact UPCO on +44 (0) 113 201 0600 and then delete the entire
e-mail from your system. Unauthorised review, distribution, disclosure or
other use of this information could constitute a breach of confidence. Your
co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.