On 13 May 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: 13 May 2002 10:59:21 -0000
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Configuration is frozen -what does it mean?
>
> Hi!
> I often get an error messaget that says that the configuration is frozen. (See
> the error message below). I don't understand why I get this error and
> restarting the server does not help. I really need some help with this problem,
> thanks.

The "configuration is frozen" error occurs when you are attempting to
modify one of the data structures loaded from struts-config.xml at startup
time.  Judging from your stack trace, it looks like you're trying to
modify the "redirect" property on an existing ActionForward instance.
This is undesireable, because it would affect *all* future uses of that
particular forward.

The workaround is to make a copy of the ActionForward you looked up, and
modify it's properties any way you'd like -- something like:

  ActionForward oldForward = mapping.findForward("foo");
  ActionForward newForward = new ActionForward();
  newForward.setName(oldForward.getName());
  newForward.setPath(oldForward.getPath());
  newForward.setRedirect(true);

> // Ulrika

Craig