Hi

I am using weblogic 5.1 sp 9 and struts 1.02. I installed struts and was able to
succesfully run the example struts-example.war by deploying the war file. I had to
copy the ApplicationResources.properties to org/apache/struts/webapp/example under a
directory in the classpath inorder to run the example.
However now I need to intergrate struts with our current web app which is not deployed
as a war file.
I copied struts.jar to a directory in the classpath and copied the action.xml,
struts-config.xml and all the .tld's to the WEB-INF directory. I am trying to load the
same login.jsp page that was in the example war file except that it is the same
directory as the other jsp files of the application.
When I try to load login.jsp file, I get

Tue May 14 13:15:26 MDT 2002:<E> <ServletContext-General> Root cause of
ServletException
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
        at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.message(RequestUtils.java:570)
        at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:244)
        at com.ereinsure.jsp._test._jspService(_test.java:99)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:120)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:138)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:915)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:879)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContextManager.java:269)
        at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:365)
        at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:253)

        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:129)

Tue May 14 13:15:26 MDT 2002:<I> <ServletContext-General> file: init

I went through the archives and
Some of the suggestions in it include

1. Adding

  <message-resources
    parameter="ApplicationResources"
    key="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE"
    />

In the struts-config.xml
I added this but that didn't work either.

2. Not having struts.jar in the classpath but only in WEB-INF/lib directory. But then
I get ClassNotFoundException for HtmlTag.

>From what I have read in the archives, this problem is caused by struts not being
>able to find the ApplicationResources.properties file. I have this file in the
>WEB-INF directory. The application is able to find all the .tld files that are in the
>same directory. The web.xml has the following entry

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>config</param-name>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>2</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>detail</param-name>
      <param-value>2</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>validate</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

Is the problem related to the ApplicationResources.properties file? What can be wrong
with my configuration? And if not what should I do to make it work. I am new to struts
and would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

Deepa.