Hi World!
I have got Struts 1.0.2 (particularly struts-example) running under
NetBeans 3.3.1 (built-in Tomcat 3.2.1).

I mounted sipmly the struts-example directory (info by Jerald Henderson in
this list)

I'm using the recommended struts war architecture, so my sources are under
WEB-INF/src...
Due to this it was necessary to mount separately WEB-INF/classes and tell
the compiler to put classes there
otherwise the path is misinterpretes as a part of the package name....

Now, when I put now a breakpoint in a servlet and start debugging, the
thread stops at the breakpoint properly, but the message
NetBeans gets from thread is like:
-----------
Connecting to ps6865:11555
Connection established
Breakpoint reached at line ? in class
org.apache.struts.webapp.example.LogonForm by thread Thread-9.
-----------

In addition the source code is not opened automatically at this line what
is the major drawback I see now.

What to do further to get the debugging working properly?

Thanks for an hints
Piotr

Piotr Malecki
Systems Engineer