I need help figuring out how to generate and use dynamic forms with Struts.

Is there already an eloquent MVC solution in Struts?

Is DynaActionForm the answer?

I can't see how extending the ActionForm behavior accomplishes this.  It
seems that to really implement a dynamic form, the form Bean would need to
be defined and instantiated at run-time, based on the HttpResponse generated
by the forms JSP.

For example:

Say the JSP for looks like the following:

<%-- myDynamic.jsp --%>

<logic:iterate id="y" name="a" property="b"/>
        property="x-"<bean:write name="y" property="z"/>
</logic:iterate>

This will not work since "property" is required in the <html:text> tag.
However, if it did work, then it seems there would need to be some Action
that gets the HttpResponse from "myDynamic.jsp" and generates the source
(Java) form definition, e.g.:

// MyDynamicAction.java

for(Iterator i = A.iterator(); i.hasNext;)
 a = i.next();
 buffer.append("public setX-" +  a.getB() + "(String s) { ");
 buffer.append("  x-" + a.getB() + " = s ;");

And, then compiles and instantiates it.

Does this make any sense, whatsoever?  If I'm completely lost, then someone
please try and help point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

--Michael Marrotte