The Model represents application state. The View displays the
application state. The Controller captures user gestures and selects the
View.

In a conventional "desktop" MVC application, the View may connect to the
Model in order to display the state in "real-time".

In remote applications, including Web applications, MVC is usually
moderated by the Layers pattern, so that the View and the Controller
interact and the Controller and Model interact, but the View and Model
do not interact.

V <-> C <-> M <-> (persistent store)

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services