I'm probably using a nightly build that is more recent then the version
of Struts that you are using.  You can check out an earlier version of
MenuPlugin (revision 1.1 I believe) and build with that.  The most
recent version should reflect the latest Struts 1.1 head.  If not,
please let me know.

You can either use the earlier revision of MenuPlugIn or implement your
own loading mechanism.  It's actually very simplistic in what it does.
The only thing you need to do is load a MenuRepository and provide it as
some scoped attribute to the UseMenuDisplayerTag.  By default, it looks
for the repository as some scoped attribute keyed by
MenuRepository.MENU_REPOSITORY_KEY.  You can override this by specifying
a different key.  For instance, if you were to load a MenuRepository as
a session scoped attribute keyed by "my.app.MenuRepository" (like in a
login), you can specify this to the tag by doing:

<menu:useMenuDispalyer name="CoolMenu"
repository="my.foo.MenuRepository">

The tag will do a pageContext.findAttribute(repository).  I haven't
actually tried using a seperate repository, but I provided for the
ability.

Let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

Scott