From: Max Cooper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 10:29 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: problems migrating struts tags - weblogic 5.1 - 6.1 (has no
property)

Oops, oh yeah, I guess that is a problem. I don't have a good solution, but
I can think of a few things that might be worth investigation/consideration:

1. See if you can turn strict checking off in weblogic.xml
2. Add the methods you need to the tag handler classes. (sounds painful)
3. Figure out how to modify the tag handler class to pass-thru any
unrecognized attributes, perhaps using a proxy object to intecept the setter
calls (if that will pass the compiler) or perhaps there is some way to map
all the attribute setter calls to a single dummy method, and then write out
any unrecognized attributes if you can retrieve them somehow. This doesn't
seem like a promising avenue of investigation to me at this point.
4. Find some alternative to using the unrecognized attributes and eliminate
them from the tags in your JSP. Not a very attractive alternative, I know.

Well, I hope #1 turns out to be a possibility.

Good luck,
-Max